The Children’s Chorus of San Antonio (CCSA) is moving uptown! Starting January 20, 2011, CCSA will launch a new training choir outside of Loop 1604 to reach families in Stone Oak and neighboring communities. This ensemble is the latest in a series of new programs designed to reach young artists across San Antonio with the same great experiences that are a hallmark of the organization. Singers will participate in weekly rehearsals that nurture their artistic and personal potential through a comprehensive curriculum of performance and instruction. They will also have the opportunity to develop the confidence, poise, maturity, self-esteem, and self-discipline necessary for success in music and success in life.
Following are the details on CCSA’s new Junior Chorus North (JCN) program:
· JCN is open to boys and girls currently in grades 3-5
· Rehearsals will be held on Thursdays from 4:30 – 6:10pm at Northern Hills UMC, 3703 North Loop 1604 East, starting January 20, 2011. JCN singers will participate in concerts on March 27 and May 1, 2011.
· JCN conductor is Amy Ballenger, CCSA alumna and choral director at Bradley Middle School in NEISD.
· Space in JCN is limited to the first 60 singers to complete registration; no auditions are necessary! Cost for JCN is $165 and includes all materials.
· Registration is available online at http://www.childrenschorussa.org/ or by calling 210.826.3447. Deadline for registration is January 1, 2011.
About The Children’s Chorus of San Antonio
The CCSA was founded in 1983 with the mission to bring choral music education and performance opportunities to San Antonio’s young artists. Programs include five performing ensembles for children and youth ages 7 – 18, Music Together® with CCSA, an early-childhood music and movement program for infants and toddlers ages birth – 5, Big Kids® for youngsters ages 5 – 7, and Project: Sing!, neighborhood-based satellite ensembles for elementary-aged children in Harlandale, San Antonio and Edgewood school districts. CCSA Singers represent San Antonio and surrounding communities, performing in a variety of concerts throughout the city. CCSA's advanced choirs have traveled nationwide with feature performances, toured Europe and Canada and have been featured on NBC-TV's Today Show. Its ensembles regularly perform with the San Antonio Symphony, San Antonio Mastersingers and the Youth Orchestras of San Antonio among others.
The CCSA is now in its 28th season and continues to provide exceptional experiences in choral music education and performance to over 300 children and youth annually. The Chamber Choir and Youth Chorale opened the 2010 – 2011 season on October 2, 2010 at the Majestic Theater as guest artists with the San Antonio Symphony for the debut of new Music Director Sebastian Lang-Lessing. Other season highlights include a second appearance with San Antonio Symphony for the Holiday Pops Series on December 17 and 18. CCSA advanced singers recently toured Washington, DC in June, 2010 with the Children’s Chorus of Greater Dallas.
For additional information on CCSA, its auditions or programs, please call 210.826.3447 or visit http://www.childrenschorussa.org/.