Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving Thanks 2010 Teachers

This Thanksgiving, we're sharing thankful classical thoughts. Kenneth Thompson, Executive Director of Musical Arts Centers of San Antonio, Inc. share his thanks:

I am thankful for the teachers who were my leaders and guides through the world of music. They are a part of me on a deep level and I see their influence in everything that I do. I am grateful that they shared their energy, time and wisdom. It was an honor to work with each of you! Thank you Nelita True, Jean Barr, Anna Haun, Anton Nel, Carolyn True, John Weems, Betty Nolting, Chris Wallace and Nancy Wilson!

What music or composers are you thankful for? Let us know in the comments!

About Kenneth: In June of 2000 Kenneth Thompson received the Texas Music Teachers Association’s ‘Pre-Collegiate Teacher of the Year Award’ for the state of Texas. TMTA is the largest association of private piano teachers in Texas and is affiliated with Music Teachers National Association. In November 2009 Mr. Thompson received the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ from Musical Bridges Around the World for his work in raising the level of piano teaching in San Antonio.

No comments: