Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Safe sax not so safe

The Mayo Clinic has released a study that shows brass playing may lead to lung disease.

Brass musicians may unknowingly inhale mold and bacteria from their instruments, which may lead to the development of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP), according to a study published today in Chest magazine.
The allergic lung condition, which can develop into a more dangerous fibrosis, is characterized by shortness of breath and coughing. (via ABC News)

No comments: