Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Songbird Sunday

You can spend Valentine's Day with Susan Boyle as her interview from Scotland's Cameron House with CBS Sunday Morning correspondent Mark Phillips airs this Sunday, February 14th. (Check local listings for times, in SA it is on KENS 5 at 8am)

Boyle sat down to discuss her whirlwind success and her multi-platinum debut 'I Dreamed A Dream' (Columbia Records), which was the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 for six consecutive weeks, broke numerous Soundscan records, and has sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

'I Dreamed A Dream' was recorded during the summer of 2009. Boyle first entered a recording studio in July in London, picking songs that resonated with her. The final results shocked both her and veteran producer Steve Mac with its beauty and musical impact. "It was important that I could feel everything I was singing," she says. The 12 track collection features Susan Boyle performing signature songs such as "I Dreamed A Dream", "Cry Me A River," as well as her haunting rendition of The Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses," Madonna's "You'll See," The Monkees' "Daydream Believer," and "Who I Was Born To Be."

No comments: