Thursday, June 12, 2008

An afternoon at the opera

I'm excited to see Tosca the end of this month with San Antonio Opera. Being new to the city, I can't wait to hear the local groups and the visiting artists. The classical music world is small, so I wasn't too surpised to realize I have a friend who is part of the Cactus Pear Music Festival coming up next month.
Back to Tosca, a few years ago while living in Las Vegas I had the chance to perform with tenor Luciano Pavarotti as a second violinist with the Glen Willow Symphony. He was past his prime, but there were still shades of greatness in his voice. Rehearsals and the performance were stellar.
This afternoon hear Pavarotti at the top of his game in E lucevan le stelle – "And the stars were shining" from the 3rd act of Tosca. And hear great opera with Ron Moore every Tuesday at 8pm with Tuesday Night Opera on KPAC and KTXI!
John Clare, afternoon host

No comments: