Today is the deadline!
To enter the Digital Composer-in-Residence competition please send:
1.A printable PDF of your score
2.A sound file of your submission (midi files are accepted if no other option is available)
3.The name of a piece of music by a composer that has influenced you, that you would programme at the live event in November. See guidlines below for more detail.
You can either post your entry to:
Digital Composer-in-Residence Competition
46 Manchester Street
London W1U 7LS
Or email your score in pdf format, along with your recording and influencial piece of music to email@example.com
• Entries should not exceed 8 minutes in length
• Maximum scoring/instrumentation cannot exceed 8 instruments, and should be selected from: violin (1 or 2), viola, cello, piano, trumpet, flute, clarinet, French horn, bassoon, double bass, electronics and voice(s), or any combination therein.
• It is not a requirement that works be composed specifically for the competition, however works that have already been professionally recorded and distributed cannot be submitted.
• Submissions should also include a brief paragraph discussing your influences, with particular reference to the work you have submitted. Please highlight the individual work you would programme at the finalists concert. If you are a finalist, this ‘influential work’ will be performed at the 5th November concert. For this reason, it must be a chamber work for a maximum of eight instruments as detailed in the instrumentation guidelines above.
• Entrants may enter only one composition
• Anyone can enter, but you do need to be a Dilettante member (if you’re not already) and joining Dilettante is free.
The closing date for entries is 1 September 2009. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
The Digital Composer-in-Residence is a ‘virtual’ residency, so the winner will be expected to participate in a number of online activities on the Dilettante site.
If you have any questions about the competition, or you're not sure about something, feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org